Creating A bootable USB
Some times we need to install new windows or operating system and in that case we come in problem with making your device bootable. So this tutorial so you how to boot your USB device.
There are major two ideas to boot.
1. With COMMAND PROMPT (Recommended)
2. With different APPLICATIONS (easiest)
With COMMAND PROMPT.
- So while booting with command prompt we need to know some commands.Its easy just follow some steps.At first, Open command prompt(in Administrator ) then type Diskpart.
- Type Disk Part and Know your disk name.
- Type select disk 1 (it can be disk 2 or any) in the same windows and hit Enter. That means, any further operation that you do will affect your disk 1 directly.
- Type clean and hit Enter this will clean all the data in Usb.
- Type create partition primary and hit Enter. You will get a message like Diskpart succeed in creating the specified partition.
- Type select partition 1 and hit Enter. It will choose partition 1 for setting up it as an active partition.
- Type active and hit Enter. It will activate the current partition.
- Type format fs=ntfs quick and hit Enter. This command will format your current partition as NTFS file system quickly.
- Type exit and hit Enter. Exit command will close the Diskpart program. But do not close the command prompt Windows.
Now Open the disk image file or any bootable windows drive.
To Copy files from a DVD to USB using CMD:
Let us assume that the USB drive is the F: drive and the DVD installer is located on drive G:. And, you also have inserted a DVD inside the DVD drive from where you want to copy the data to create a bootable USB drive or You need to open the ISO file.
By default, Command Prompt’s active directory for Administrator permission is on C:\Windows\System32> (In administrator). We will navigate Command Prompt to set on DVD (G:) as its active directory. Remember there should be a DVD inside DVD installer.
- Here type G: then hit Enter, and then the active directory will change to G.
- Type cd boot and hit Enter. Now the active directory is changed to G:\boot>
- Type bootsect /nt60 F: and hit Enter. It will create the boot sector on F: drive (USB Flash drive).
- Type exit and hit Enter to close the Command Prompt.
- Until this step, we have been successfully able to create a bootable USB drive and the flash drive is ready to be used as a boot media.
To install Windows from a bootable USB drive, we just need to copy the whole installation files contained on the DVD installer to the USB flash drive.
Several Apps and software’s are available to make a bootable Usb but we are going to try only Universal Usb Installer. It is easy and fast to use and supports all windows and linux Operating System to make boot.
If you havent installed Download from here.
Install and open and its easy to use GUI based .